The competition is now closed
Thank you for all your entries - they have been great! Winners from each age group will be announced in early February, so check back soon to find out who the lucky winners are!
Is your mum clueless about Facebook and Formspring? Does your dad not know his Moshi Monsters from his Angry Birds?! Well here’s your chance to set them straight...
Mobiles, laptops, games consoles, PCs, MP3 players: it can be hard for parents to keep up! To celebrate Safer Internet Day 2011 CEOP wants you to tell parents about ‘My Life Online’. We want you to use this as an opportunity to:
- Share all the great things that you do when gaming, blogging and using sites like Facebook with your parents, your mate’s parents and beyond!
- Show parents what you think is cool and fun!
- Maybe even give mums and dads a few tips on how they can learn more!
Get creative! Your competition entry can be in any format you choose as long as it reflects the theme of ‘My Life Online’ and has parents as its audience. Here are some ideas of what you could do:
- Design a computer game – write down your ideas, draw them or maybe make a game with free software
- Produce a film – write a story, use pictures to plan your camera shots or use a camera if you have one
- Make an advert – create a poster or film an advert
- Create a cartoon – draw your own cartoon on paper or use a programme on your computer
- Create a photo blog – use free software or make a photo collage to send in
- Record a song – make up your own song with a catchy chorus
- Write a quiz – test parents on their knowledge and tell them what they should know
A winning entry will be selected from each age category winning an Xbox 360 with Kinect! The winning entries will also be used as part of CEOP’s campaign for educating parents about children and young people’s online safety so you’ll really be making a difference!
Check out the Competition Rules with a parent, carer or teacher before entering and don’t forget our Top Tips when creating your entry. Good luck!
Don't forget the competition closes Monday 24th January!